Why Hire A Dog Walker?
If you’re a dog owner, and you work outside of the home, you may need a dog-walking service and not even know it. Why should you pay someone to walk your dog, you ask? The answer is simple. Sometimes, it is just impossible to get home often enough to prevent your dog from soiling the carpet or shredding her toys in utter boredom. When you employ a professional dog walker to assist you, you can always be assured that your dog will receive exercise and potty breaks, as well as love and affection – saving you the hassle of having to rush home during your lunch break.
How do you know if you need a dog walker?
- You work full-time or are away from home for an extended period during the day. The frequency a dog needs to potty varies by age. Puppies 8-12 weeks need to go every two or three hours, while adult dogs can usually hold it for up to 6 hours. If you will be away from home for 4-6 hours at a time, you may want to consider hiring a dog walker.
- Your dog doesn’t get enough exercise during the week. This is evidenced in undesirable behaviors dog owners often mention such as chewing and otherwise “acting out”. Who knew more exercise could be such a simple fix?
- Your dog regularly uses the bathroom in the house. This is a clear sign that your schedule is not matching up with your dog’s bathroom needs.
- You cannot physically walk your dog due to age or physical limitation. Let’s face it: This is part of life. If you need help, a dog walker can cover for you!
- You don’t have a doggie door or fenced in yard to allow for bathroom relief during the day.
If this sounds like you, check out the benefits of working with a dog walking service:
- No more accidents! Your dog can only hold it so long – no more cleaning up messes when you arrive home.
- Your dog will enjoy some TLC while you are gone. The exercise and stimulation will wear your dog out and can help with those undesirable behaviors.
- Your dog could gain valuable socialization with other dogs at the dog park or other dog-friendly location.
- Your dog now has valuable consistency for its day.
- You will be happy and so will your dog.
When searching for a competent, professional pet sitting service in Atlanta, consider a friendly, well-established company you know you can trust, such as Buckhead Paws. Be sure to confirm that the service you choose is both bonded and insured – as Buckhead Paws is. This is important and helps protect you in the event something goes wrong. The company should also have a team of trained employees, so that if your regular dog walker can’t make it for whatever unexpected event that arises, another trusted employee will jump in to make sure your pup is taken care of.
Now that you are ready for a dog walker that will easily mesh into your current lifestyle and routines, reach out to Buckhead Paws – they are available to take care of your dog sitting needs. Simply contact Mark or Robin, and they will take care of you like family!